Several years ago I belonged to an online forum full of inspirational people. Many of these people became good friends. The forum has been gone for a few years now, but the friendships have continued.
One in particular is a girl that I have admired because she consistently inspires me. I felt like she was a kindred spirit from the first time we made contact. Despite the years, we have never met in person due to the distance. This week, I was in her city. I sent her a message and asked if we could meet. She said yes! We had a great dinner and conversation. It led to another dinner and more conversation. She really is a kindred spirit.
Let me tell you a little about why this girl inspires me:
- If she wants to do something, she does it – no holding back
- She is yogi
- She is a dog rescuer
- She is a crazy trail runner that runs marathon races I can’t even imagine (though I want to!)
- She keeps an amazing blog about her journeys, trail running, and inspiration. You can see it here!
- She is purely authentic
- She does a really cool thing called One Thing
- She has a nomad spirit, and has found peace with it
- She’s funny and brilliant
I am so glad we are friends. I am so glad she said yes to meeting me in person! I can’t wait until we hit the Appalachian Trail together! ❤